Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The town is located on the north shore of St. Anthony Bay, an arm of the Labrador Sea and it was founded in 1796 by fishermen from Twillingate who were granted land there by a British colonial governor. The community became known as Little River after 1812 when another group settled further upriver, in 1836 both settlements were renamed to honour Anthony Thomas Williams, a Welshman who had explored much of Newfoundland's northern coastline during his time with the Royal Navy. The Town has two schools: St. Anthony Elementary School (Public) and Bishop Feild College (Private). It also has three churches: Anglican Church (St John's), United Pentecostal Church(United Pentecostal), Salvation Army(Salvation Army). There are several stores including; Foodland/Sobeys which is one store that sells groceries along with other items such as clothing etc., Dollarama which sells only items for $1 or less at all times, Canadian Tire , Home Hardware , Subway restaurant & convenience store called "Dairy Queen" .