Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
History [ edit ] The area was first settled by Europeans in 1871. The town itself was founded in 1882, and incorporated as a village on January 1, 1901. It became a town on April 15, 1913. Stonewall is named after Sir Andrew Agnew of Lochnaw who fought at the Battle of Waterloo. He had been knighted for his bravery during the battle and later served as Governor General of Canada from 1816 to 1818. In addition to being home to many limestone quarries, it also has an active agricultural sector with grain elevators that serve local farmers. A large number of residents work outside the community; most are employed in Winnipeg or Brandon. Many people commute daily by car or bus between Stonewall and these cities for employment purposes; however some travel further away such as Thompson or Flin Flon where they can find jobs more easily due to their closer proximity (approximately 100 km).