Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The municipality is located on the former lands of the Lil'wat Nation, also known as "Tla-o-qui-aht", and is about 50 km (31 mi) south of Squamish. The name Whistler came from a British Columbia Railway employee who was familiar with the whistling sound made by steam locomotives when accelerating. Whistler had its start in 1929 as a construction camp for workers building an access road to Rainbow Lodge on Mount Sproatt, which opened that year. In 1944, it became permanently populated with 400 residents after completion of this road (now Highway 99).