Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
History [ edit ] The area was originally inhabited by the Coast Salish First Nations people, and first explored by Europeans in 1791. In 1860, Captain Edward Stamp began work on a trail connecting Port Moody to Burrard Inlet to support the gold rush at Granville. The following year he started building a road that would connect Port Coquitlam with New Westminster via Pitt Lake and Burke Mountain (the route of present-day Highway 7). This trail became known as "Stamp's Road" or the "Granville Road". It later became part of Highway 7A when it was constructed in the early 20th century. A small settlement grew around this tollhouse and was eventually named after it.