Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The majority of the land is within the City of Edmonton's boundary, but some extends beyond this. The Government of Canada recognizes Sherwood Park as a census subdivision (CSD) within Strathcona County.Sherwood Park was established in 1955 on farmland belonging to Thomas and Sarah Smeltzer, east from Edmonton. It was named for their son Robert "Bob" Sherwood Smeltzer who died in World War II at age 19 while serving with Canadian forces overseas. The first house built in present-day Sherwood Park (1955) belonged to Harold and Evelyn Bovay; they lived there until 1991 when they moved into a seniors' residence located near downtown. In 1956, three years after its founding, it had only 11 homes:p11:p1–2 but by 1961 that number increased to over 200,:pp14–15 By 1966 there were over 1,000 residents;.