Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The village is located at the confluence of the rivers Zenne and Dender, in a region known as Pays Noir (French for "Black Country"), because of its fertile soil. The municipality includes also the villages of Casteau, Chaussée-Notre-Dame-Louvignies and Thiméon. The name Marbais comes from Latin Martini villa ("Martin's farm"). It was first mentioned in 1142 as Martin Villa. In 1225 it was called Mertin villa; later on it became Martinesvillare or Martinzwille (1235), Mertenswyllen (1250) and finally Marbais by 1400.