Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The municipality consists of the following sub-municipalities: Pont-à-Celles proper, Celles, and Oisy. The name "Pont à Cele" comes from Latin "pons ad celum", meaning bridge to heaven. This is a reference to the fact that in Roman times there was a temple dedicated to Jupiter on this site (see below). The first mention of Pont à Cele dates back to 1150 when it was called Pontecello or Pontecelle. In 1219 it became known as ponta Celle and in 1477 as pont de Celis or poncte Cellis; finally becoming Pont à cele around 1660 after its current spelling had been established by then with only one 't'.